It is time to present my next commissioned model. It is a 1:10 replica of the Mercedes-AMG GT R.
This time I also made a short video showcasing its functions.
This model features the following functions:
- independent suspension on all wheels
- steering with HoG and working steering wheel
- V8 fake engine
- working lights (with custom lighting bricks)
- opening doors and hood
- adjustable seats
- adjustable spoiler
- detailed interior and engine bay
- a 4D+N+R gearbox
- an active aerodynamic spoiler in the front which opens when 4th gear is engaged
- four wheel steering with speed (read gear) dependent behaviour:
– in 1st gear the wheels steer against each other
– in 2nd gear only the front wheels steer
– in 3rd gear the rear wheels steer a bit with the front wheels
– in 4th gear the rear wheels steer with the front wheels
This model was a real challenge in terms of packing all this functionality into it. It has over 2200 parts, despite being a 1:10 model. The mistress is of similar scale, but has only 1600 parts, whereas the 1:8 DB11 has ‘only’ 2700 parts. Still, I am very pleased with the end result. Especially the gear dependent four wheel steering setup works like a charm.
This is the first model that has custom stickers (not shown since my client wants to build the model himself so I didn’t apply them) and custom lighting. Here are some shots with the lights on:
The model was commissioned with an exclusivity clause, so there will be no instructions.